Monday, October 10, 2016

Invisalign

So I've had shark teeth since as far back as I can remember, but never wanted to have braces out of fear of the pain and just having metal in my mouth. Well, now at 27, I decided I wanted to straighten out my shark teeth with the help of Invisalign.  So far, I'm on tray 1 and it has been an adjustment process, but it's not so bad. The first day or two of the first set of aligners, my teeth felt horrible. They were so sore that even taking them out to eat hurt. I was so hungry at one point, but couldn't chew properly I wanted to cry (dramatic, I know, but i was hangry!). Now it doesn't really hurt so bad as before, but it does feel different. The best way I can describe it is similar to when you stub your finger on something and it feels weird after. Well that's how my teeth feel. Horrible description, but that's the best I got. LOL. I would say right now the biggest inconvenience about Invisalign is the production that has become eating. Every time you eat or drink you have to take your aligners out and brush your teeth before putting them back in. Not the easiest thing to do if you are in a public place or in the car. My snacking days are over. To keep my trips to the bathroom to a minimum, I'm just sticking to my three meals a day so that I only have to brush my teeth 3 times a day.

Another weird thing I didn't expect about Invisalign was that they can smell a bit weird! Even brushing them and rinsing them off each time I take them out to eat!!! It's pretty gross actually, so I went and bought Efferdent to help keep em clean. When I come home and am ready to eat dinner at night, I drop my aligners in a cup with efferdent and let them soak while I eat. I'm trying to do it one time a day, but many days I've done it twice (breakfast and dinner time)because I think about how gross it is to have stinky plastic in your mouth.

Other than that, I'm excited to see how my smile changes! Yay for Invisalign!

No comments:

Post a Comment