Monday, August 10, 2015

My experience with eyelash extensions.... so far

So first let me give you some background and let you know that I love the way that a nice pair of falsies looks, however, I am horrific at getting lashes placed properly. I always end up with one good lash one crooked lash and glue all over my eye shadow. When I first was made aware of lash extensions I was super interested, but then I saw the hefty price tag that came along with it.

I was overjoyed when a FB friend hooked it up with an appointment as a "lash model" (sounds fancy) where I would be able to get a free set of lash extensions in exchange for allowing a lash technician to essentially practice on me. I was extra down with this arrangement because I was always afraid to pay the $$$ to get the lash extensions only to realize I hated them.


My appointment took about an hour and half and it was actually pretty relaxing. You lay down on a table and have these little white pads placed under your eye and keep your eyes closed for the duration of the appointment. It didn't hurt or anything at all. I was so relaxed I fell asleep during the application. LOL. Whoops! Once she was done I was immediately hooked. My lashes are pretty flirty and long looking, but I don't resemble Snuffalufagus (THANK GOODNESS) and they aren't at all uncomfortable or heavy.

The aftercare instructions are the only thing that have me a bit nervous at this point. I was given strict instructions to not get them wet for the first 24 hours or the glue would reactivate and they could move or fall off.  The paper said do not cry and after that point I was terrified I would cry and ruin the beautiful lashes I was gifted with.

Here is a snippet of the aftercare instructions I received

First 24hrs
  • Avoid showering, steam rooms, massages and facials for as long as possible after lash application. Don't "scrunch" eyes tightly. Do not wet the lashes and absolutely no crying. 
The No-No's
  • No curling your lashes, no mascara and no smooshing your face on your pillow, no eye masks, and no picking/plucking your lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment