Monday, August 3, 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation

When I first started using makeup everything HAD to be MAC, but as time went on a lot of the products didn't really call to me  as I ventured into the world of other brands. However, I was very intrigued when I heard MAC had a waterproof foundation and I felt compelled to try it. I went to my local MAC counter at Macy's and picked up the foundation in NC35. The foundation retails for $32 for .85 fl oz which is not really too expensive, but not really a great value either. Meh!




The foundation claims are as follows:

  • Water-Resistant
  • Transfer resistant
  • 24 hour wear
  • provides instant and long-term hydration
  • oil-free
  • stays true to color
  • can be used as a foundation or concealer
  • for all skin types


I have been using this foundation for the past few weeks and am really enjoying it. The texture is a bit thicker than I was anticipating, but it is by no means heavy feeling or cakey looking. The foundation does a great job at providing coverage, but all the while still looking natural. In regards to the long-term hydration, I didn't really notice any dramatic hydration to my normal to dry skin. However, the foundation did not cling to any dry spots on my face which is a huge plus for me.  I feel like the wear time was pretty good, but I can't say that it lasted the entire 24 hours as I didn't wear it for that long. I usually wear my makeup for about 8ish hours a day and it was still in good condition at the end of the day. I have not yet tested the claims about being able to use it as a concealer as I don't really have high hopes for that claim. I have dark circles that can't easily be tamed!

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation and it is my obsession of the moment. The real test will be on vacation! If this foundation will stand the heat and swimming I will be doing.. my life will be complete!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Alyssa! Stumbled on ur blog from ur ig profile and it's so cool that you do this. I like your writing voice, all our teacher's would be proud lol! Hey if you're ever free Id love for you to try my Mary Kay products and lmk what you think. For freeee of course. If you're interested lmk :) - Joy 6502198806

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I would love to try some things out! the best way to get a hold of me right now is e-mail since my darn phone broke. I'm hoping to have my replacement device shipped out to me soon.. apparently Samsung has my phone on back order.. Arghh. anyways e-mail me at alyssadiaz89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete